This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.

Feel free to suggest additions!


“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

Monday, January 5, 2009

Practice Quotes

1. An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching. - Mahatma Gandhi

2. If you train hard, you’ll not only be hard, you’ll be hard to beat. - Herschel Walker

3. When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win. - Ed Macauley

4. It’s not necessarily the amount of time you spend at practice that counts; it’s what you put into the practice. - Eric Lindros

5. Practice is everything. This is often misquoted as practice makes perfect. -Periander

6. An hour of practice is worth five hours of foot-dragging. - Pancho Segura

7. If I don’t practice the way I should, then I won’t play the way that I know I can. - Ivan Lendl

8. For every pass I caught in a game, I caught a thousand in practice. - Don Hutson

9. If I miss one day of practice, I notice it. If I miss two days, the critics notice it. If I miss three days, the audience notices it. - Ignacy Paderewski

10. You can’t hire someone to practice for you. - H. Jackson Brown Jr.

11. You play the way you practice. - Pop Warner

12. Practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. - Vince Lombardi

13. To give yourself the best possible chance of playing to your potential, you must prepare for every eventuality. That means practice. - Steve Ballesteros

14. Don’t do anything in practice that you wouldn’t do in the game. - George Halas

15. Practice, which some regard as a chore, should be approached as just about the most pleasant recreation ever devised. - Babe Didrikson Zaharias

16. That which we persist in doing becomes easier – not that the nature of the task has changed, but our ability has increased. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

17. I know you’ve heard it a thousand times before. But it’s true — hard work pays off. If you want to be good, you have to practice, practice, practice. If you don’t love something, then don’t do it. - Ray Bradbury

No comments: