This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.
Feel free to suggest additions!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Winston Churchill Sayings
1. Continuous efforts not strength or intelligence is the key to unlocking our potential.
2. If you're going through hell, keep going.
3. In my belief, you cannot deal with the most serious things in the world unless you also understand the most amusing.
4. Never give in! Never give in! Never, never, never. Never, in anything great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.
5. The price of greatness is responsibility.
6. We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
7. Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.
8. Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
9. A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Posted by The Youngs at 3:55 PM