This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.

Feel free to suggest additions!


“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

Monday, January 5, 2009

Travel Quotes

1. The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

2. The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. - St. Augustine

3. I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine. - Caskie Stinnet

4. Outer travel at best only reflects the inner journey...before you can find what you're looking for in the world, you have to find it within. - Dan Millman

5. One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. - Henry Miller

6. Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen. - Benjamin Disraeli

7. We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment. - Hilaire Beloc

8. Through travel I first became aware of the outside world; it was through travel that I found my own introspective way into becoming a part of it. - Eudora Welty

9. No matter what happens, travel gives you a story to tell. - Jewish Proverb

10. A wise man travels to discover himself. - James Russell Lowell

11. Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind. - Seneca

12. On every side of us are men who hunt perpetually for their personal North-West Passage, too often sacrificing health, strength and life itself to the search; and who shall say they are not happier in their vain but hopeful quest than wiser, duller folk who sit at home, venturing nothing. - Kenneth Rogers

13. A traveller am I, and a navigator, and every day I discover a new region within my soul. - Kahlil Gibran

14. Only the traveling is good which reveals to me the value of home and enables me to enjoy it better. Only the traveling is good which reveals to me the value of home and enables me to enjoy it better. - Henry David Thoreau

15. I might have been born in a hovel but I am determined to travel with the wind and the stars. - Jacqueline Cochran

16. Travel can be one of the most rewarding forms of introspection. - Lawrence Durrell

17. Not all who wander are lost. - Unknown

No comments: