This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.
Feel free to suggest additions!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Dalai Lama Sayings
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs: Respect for self, respect for others, responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
6. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
7. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
8. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
9. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
10. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of well being becomes.
11. It is far more useful to be aware of a single shortcoming in ourselves than it is to be aware of a thousand in somebody else. For when the fault is our own, we are in a position to correct it.
Posted by The Youngs at 3:53 PM