This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.

Feel free to suggest additions!


“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Flying Free











There is a place I call my own 
Where I can stand by the sea 
And look beyond the things I’ve known,
And dream that I might be free. 
 Like a bird above the trees 
Gliding gently on the breeze. 
I wish that all my life I’d be 
Without a care and flying free. 

But life is not a distant sky 
Without a cloud, without rain. 
And I can never hope that I 
Can travel on without pain. 
 Time goes swiftly on its way, 
All too soon we’ve lost today. 
I cannot wait for skies of blue 
Or dream so long that life is through.
 
So life’s a song that I must sing, 
A gift of love I must share. 
And when I see the joy it brings, 
Life’s spirit soars through the air. 
 Like that bird up in the sky, 
Life has taught me how to fly. 
For now I know what I can be, 
And now my heart is flying free.
  - Jenna Lynn

No comments: