This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.

Feel free to suggest additions!


“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

Monday, December 15, 2008

Easter Quotes

1. The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances. - Robert Flatt

2. If Easter says anything to us today, it says this: You can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there. You can nail it to a cross, wrap it in winding sheets and shut it up in a tomb, but it will rise! - Clarence W. Hall

3. Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless. - Charles M. Crowe

4. Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life. - S.D. Gordon

5. But from this earth, this grave, this dust, My God shall raise me up, I trust. -Walter Raleigh

6. For I remember it is Easter morn, And life and love and peace are all new born. -Alice Freeman Palmer

7. Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring-time. - Martin Luther

8. Easter is not a passport to another world; it is a quality of perception for this one. - W.P. Lemon

9. Easter is a time to rejoice, be thankful, be assured that all is forgiven so life extends beyond the soil of earth. - Byron Pulsifer

10. Earth’s saddest day and gladdest day were just three days apart! - Susan Coolidge

11. Spring bursts to-day, For Christ is risen and all the earth’s at play. - Christina G. Rossetti

12. Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness. - Floyd W. Tomkins

13. I think of the garden after the rain; And hope to my heart comes singing, “At morn the cherry-blooms will be white, And the Easter bells be ringing! - Edna Dean Procter

14. The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise. -Carl Knudsen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this collection of Easter quotes. Very nice wording and are perfect for Easter cards.

Happy Easter
Mich xxx