This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.

Feel free to suggest additions!


“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Beach, Sea and Ocean: Quotes and Sayings



















For more beach memes, see: Life's a Beach and other shoreline therapy
Quotes:

My love, I would like even more; to be an ocean if you are the wave; to be a wave, if you are the ocean. – Nicolas Guillen

THE TIDE
The tide recedes, but leaves behind
bright seashells on the sand.
The sun goes down, but gentle warmth
still lingers on the land.
The music stops, yet echoes on
in sweet, soulful refrains.
For every joy that passes,
something beautiful remains.
- Unknown


Take a deep breath, feel the tropical breeze on your face, hear the waves crash onto the sand, watch the glow of the dusk sky, and just be content for that moment. - Eric, Hike Kaua'i with me


One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach, one can only collect a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few. – Anne Morrow Lindbergh

The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach -- waiting for a gift from the sea. Anne Morrow Lindbergh

To myself I am only a 
child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me. - Isaac Newton

If there’s a heaven for me, I’m sure it has a beach attached to it. – Jimmy Buffet

Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach. - Michelle Held

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

A real friend is someone who takes a winter vacation on a sun-drenched beach and does not send a card. Farmer’s Almanac

The cure to anything is salt water - sweat, tears or the Sea. – Isak Dinesen

Even the upper end of the river believes in the ocean.William Stafford

Every time I stand before a beautiful beach, its waves seem to whisper to me: If you choose the simple things and find joy in nature’s simple treasures, life and living need not be so hard. - Roxas-Mendoza

The voice of the sea speaks to the soul. The touch of the sea is sensuous, enfolding the body in its soft, close embrace. - Kate Chopin

After a visit to the beach, it’s hard to believe that we live in a material world. - Pam Shaw

To me, the sea is like a person — like a child that I’ve known a long time. It sounds crazy, I know, but when I swim in the sea I talk to it. I never feel alone when I’m out there. - Gertrude Ederle

For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), It’s always our self we find in the sea. - E.E. Cummings

Give me the splendid silent sun. – Walt Whitman
 
The ocean makes me feel really small and it makes me put my whole life into perspective… it humbles you and makes you feel almost like you’ve been baptized. I feel born again when I get out of the ocean. - Beyoncé Knowles

We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch – we are going back from whence we came. - John F. Kennedy

To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude. - Jeanne Moreau

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. Jacques Yves Cousteau

I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought. Helen Keller

That the sea is one of the most beautiful and magnificent sights in Nature, all admit. - John Joly

Even castles made from sand fall to the ocean. - Jimi Hendrix

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. - Mother Teresa

Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone. - Unknown

The waves of the sea help me get back to me. - Jill Davis

Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away. - Sarah Kay

Writers begin with a grain of sand, and then create a beach. - Robert Black

I look my best when I'm totally free, on holiday, walking on the beach. Rosamund Pike

In every outthrust headland, in every curving beach, in every grain of sand there is the story of the earth.  – Rachel Carson

Sayings:

Welcome to the BEACH
No watches No Worries
No Clock No Cares
No Deadlines No Drama

Life is better at the Beach!

Life’s a Beach
Enjoy the waves

Take me to the ocean

The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings joy to the spirit.

At the Seashore
Witness the wonder of the sunrise
Listen to the waves
Build sandcastles
Collect seashells
Soak in the sun’s warmth
Smell the salty air
Leave footprints in the sand
Behold the beauty of the sunset
relax ~ refresh ~ renew

Summer.
Hair gets lighter. Skin gets darker.
Water gets warmer. Drinks get colder.
Music gets louder. Nights get longer.
Life gets better.

B.E.A.C.H.
Best Escape Anyone Can Have

God so loved the World
He gave us the Beach

Near the Sea
We forget to count the days

It is impossible to walk on the beach without making an imprint in the sand and taking some of it with us.

Today is a smooth white seashell, hold it close and listen to the beauty of the hours.

Come walk with me along the beach,
where sunsets seem within reach,
we’ll search for treasures in the sand,
as we walk hand in hand.


The beach is my happy place

At the beach, life is different.
Time doesn’t move hour to hour
but mood to moment.
We live by the currents
plan by the tides
and follow the sun.

Our memories of the Ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.

This is my carefree, this is my freedom – this is my HAPPY.

Let the waves hit your feet and the sand be your seat

How to get a beach body:
Step 1: Go to the beach
Step 2: Done.

A little sand between your toes always takes away your woes

Heaven seems a little closer at the Beach

It doesn’t matter where you go in life… as long as you go to the Beach

Memories made at the Beach stay in our hearts forever

Life is a beach, and I am just playing in the sand

You cannot cross an ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Beach life is shore perfection

Let the Sea
Set you Free

Dreams are made of waves, sand and sun

I wasn’t born at the beach, but I got here as fast as I could.

We’ll end up hand in hand,
Somewhere down on the sand - just me and you.
You can’t waste time when you’re here.

Sky above our heads
Sand beneath our feet
Life is Good

Sandy toes and salty kisses

The beach is where my heart is

My heart belongs to the Beach

The sand may brush off.
The salt may wash clean
The tans may fade.
But the memories will last forever.

You can’t cross the sea by staring at the water.

I’m going to my Happy Place
Be back Never

Let’s do Sunset

Relax
You’re at the beach

All I need is Love
And the Ocean

Take me to the Sea

Wisdom from the Ocean:
Be shore of yourself
Come out of your shell
Don’t be crabby
Go with the flow
Do what floats your boat
Soak up positive energy
Take time to coast
Avoid pier pressure
Sea life’s beauty
Don’t get tide down
Let worries drift away
Make waves
Live Deep!
Livin’ on Island Time

I’m multi slacking today

Sea La Vie

The beach is where I belong

I just wanna be on the beach

I’d rather be at the beach

My you always have a shell in your pocket and sand in your shoes

Sweet Summertime

I picture myself right there,
On some beach somewhere

Some people see more in a walk on the Beach than others see in a trip around the world.

I’m feeling BEACHY

beach
(noun)
A place of relaxation, rest and tranquility

You have enough.
You do enough.
You are enough.
Relax

The Beach: Free therapy for the Soul

It doesn’t get any better than this

The Beach is always on my mind

Keep Calm
and
Go to the Beach

Time to get a little beach on me

The Beach fixes everything

I hope someday I’ll wake up to see that I live on the Beach

Down by the seashore, where life is a little easier.

I have always loved the beach. The smell of the salty water, the wind in my face, the gentle roar of the waves all combine to create a sense of peace and calm.

If love was water, I’d give you the Sea.

If you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough.

Just breathe...

No hurries, No Worries.  Island Time!

All I need is a few days at the beach

Just think of a beach... and smile

Relaxing sunsets, cool drinks, sand between your toes

Entering the barefoot zone

Leave me alone world
I'm on beach time

You can comb the sands or lie in the sun
The choice is yours as long as it's fun

Waves of the sea, help me get back to me

Just another day in Paradise

I'm ready for my beach therapy

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I should go to the beach.

Seas the day!

You can shake the sand from your shoes but it will never leave your soul

The beach is calling and I must go!

Beach sweet beach

I need some vitamin sea.

I've gone coastal

I was made for sunny days

Make a wish upon a starfish

Let the sea set you free

Seas and Greetings

Gone to the Beach - Love, Santa

The Beach fixes everything

The Sea is calling

Relax, you are on Beach time

1 comment:

gopipatel said...

Most wonderfull Article, Thanks for sharing!
TOP 150 Beach Quotes Sayings for You