This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.

Feel free to suggest additions!


“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Music Quotes

1. Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. - Ludwig von Beethoven

2. Who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once. - Robert Browning

3. Music is to the mind as air is to the body. - Plato

4. Where words fail, music speaks. - Hans Christian Andersen

5. After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. - Aldous Huxley

6. Music is a part of us and either ennobles or degrades our behavior. – Boethus

7. When I think of God, my heart is so full of joy that the notes leap and dance as they leave my pen; and since God has given me a cheerful heart, I serve Him with a cheerful spirit. - Franz Joseph Haydn

8. Hell is full of musical amateurs. - George Bernard Shaw

9. As long as we live there is never enough singing. - Martin Luther

10. Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. - Anais Nin

No comments: