This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.

Feel free to suggest additions!


“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

Friday, July 24, 2015

Insight


Often when it seemed I found 
Goodness here, there, all around,
I saw, on closer scrutiny,
The goodness come from inside me.
Why did the whole world seem to smile? 
Because I laughed with it awhile. 
Why was all earth so bright with sun?
Because my light heart gave it one.
What made the future seem so bright,
The past seem dear, the future right?
What was it set the day apart?
The peace of God within my heart.
Since then, when life looks dark and grim, 
My assets small, my prospects dim,
I push dark thoughts back on the shelf 
And seek for heaven in myself.

-unknown

No comments: