This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.

Feel free to suggest additions!


“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Ziggy-isms: Life According to Ziggy


Here are some great and funny quotes on life, or “Ziggy-isms”, by Tom Wilson, creator of the cartoon character Ziggy:


It doesn't pay to live in the past ... there's no future in it.

Survival is the art of making the least of the worst and the most of the least!

We should enjoy here while we're here cause there's no here, there!


You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.

We should enjoy the here and now! ‘cause it’s only here now!

The only difference between the wrong way and the right way to reach your goal depends on where you’re coming from.

Many of us are more capable than some of us...but none of us is as capable as all of us!

These days an income is something you can't live without--or within.

Honesty is the best image.

If life seems like it's all uphill, you must be reaching your peak.

A smile is a facelift that's in everyone's price range!

A smile is happiness you'll find right under your nose.

About the only time losing is more fun than winning is when you're fighting temptation.

Happiness doesn't depend on how much you have to enjoy, but how much you enjoy what you have.

I try not to worry about the future - so I take each day just one anxiety attack at a time.

I wouldn't mind the rat race - if the rats would lose once in a while.

If I ever had an out-of-body experience - I'd try to come back to a different one.

Friendship is to be purchased only by friendship. A man may have authority over others, but he can never have their hearts but by giving his own.

The best thing you can do is get very good at being you.

Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.
Mosquitoes remind us that we are not as high up on the food chain as we think.


Try not to worry... take each day just one anxiety attack at a time.

How come ''fat chance'' and ''slim chance'' mean the same thing?

Don’t measure yourself by the problems you face…measure yourself by the problems you’ve faced up to!

Flowers help make up for all the ugly in the world.

Sometimes I feel like life is a black tie affair…and all I’ve got in my wardrobe is t-shirts.
My reality check bounced!

There’s a thin person inside me screaming to get out. …But he’s outnumbered!

Basically, everything is subject to change without notice.

I don’t have a spending problem. I just have a ‘paying for it’ problem!

I just ate six happy meals and I am still depressed!

No comments: