This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.

Feel free to suggest additions!


“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

Friday, February 10, 2012

Sometimes You Just Need a Little Breather

Yesterday I woke up with something off balance. I had no motivation and everything seemed wrong. Perhaps it was an emotional reaction to the sum of last month's life challenges, which were not only fairly hefty and draining, but which will continue with some lasting effects.

I got to work and had no desire to be there. Or to do anything, really. So I found a time to take a break and got out of the office. I got in my car and went to a convenience store for a drink and snacks, took a drive, parked the car, read a bit, and took a quick snooze. It was a needed escape, a little breather.

When I got back to the office a while later, I was doing much better. A little time out was all I needed. Every once in a while a little breather helps me to catch up and regain balance.

So here I am again, back on my blog, ready to jump into the pool of positive thinking. Although life at times seems to make me take a step backward, I am convinced that a focus on positive thinking and being grateful will help me take two steps forward.
:-)

No comments: