This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.

Feel free to suggest additions!


“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

Friday, February 10, 2012

Changes

Someone once said that the only thing constant in life is change. With that in mind, I guess you could say I've had a lot of constancy in my life lately. Some of the changes have been anticipated, some not. Some have seemed to be good, some not. But as I now reflect, these changes were needed.

And more changes are to come, I'm sure.

I'm learning not to be afraid of change, to roll with it, and to look for the good in it. Not so easy to do, but it makes transitioning easier. You can't prevent change, you can only alter your attitude towards it.

Some great thoughts on this subject some to mind:


"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn." - Unknown

"Remember, no human condition is ever permanent. Then you will not be overjoyed in good fortune nor too scornful in misfortune." - Socrates

"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance." - Alan W. Watts


.... so, I'm joining the dance.

No comments: