This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.

Feel free to suggest additions!


“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

Thursday, December 1, 2011

If You Should Die

Here's a poem I wrote a few years back: 

If you should die, a part of me would die also. 
Your life gives meaning and inspiration to mine. 
Your love has filled my heart and gives me joy. 
If you should leave, you would take with you much 
Of what makes my life full. 
Although I know that your journey would take you 
To a wonderful place where we would meet again, 
I would sorrow that you went there before and without me, 
And that I would have to continue on living life without you. 
Your strength has bolstered me through many challenges 
And has made facing life an easier task. 
Without you by my side, life would be more difficult. 
Yet, somehow, I know your strength would still come to me 
Through heavenly channels. 
I would greatly miss being able to see you, hear you, 
And feel the comfort of your embrace. 
I would miss your laughter, your friendship, your love. 
But these, in memory, I would hold on to until 
The day we meet again. 

  by Ken R. Young

No comments: