Although I haven't agreed with everything she says, I have found Laura Schlessinger to be a fount of good advice for dealing with the struggles of life and choices. Here are some of her good quotes:
1. Don't worry so much about your self-esteem. Worry more about your character. Integrity is its own reward.
2. This is all you have. This is not a dry run. This is your life. If you want to fritter it away with your fears, then you will fritter it away, but you won't get it back later.
3. Values are principles and ideas that bring meaning to the seemingly mundane experience of life. A meaningful life that ultimately brings happiness and pride requires you to respond to temptations as well as challenges with honor, dignity, and courage.
4. Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.
5. The reward for doing right is mostly an internal phenomenon: self-respect, dignity, integrity, and self-esteem.
6. Make decisions from the strong part of you, not the weak.
7. Never do anything that you aren't prepared to face the true consequences of.
8. People with integrity do what they say they are going to do. Others have excuses.
9. Situations reveal who we are, they don't create who we are.
10.The people and circumstances around me do not MAKE me what I am, they REVEAL who I am.
11. We can be negative and cynical or we can be charged and hot wired to find a way through it, over it, around it under it.