This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.
Feel free to suggest additions!
Monday, October 25, 2010
Henry Ford Quotes
1. Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right.
2. Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success.
3. Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
4. Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes shine to the stars. Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait. The grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas.
5. Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
6. I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about?
7. If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.
8. If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person's point of view and see things from that person's angle as well as from your own.
9. Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though sometimes it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.
10. My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.
11. Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
12. One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do.
13. Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
14. The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability.
15. There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something.
16. There is no man living that can not do more than he thinks he can.
17. Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.
18. Time and money spent in helping men to do more for themselves is far better than mere giving.
19. When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
20. Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
21. You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
22. Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement.
Posted by The Youngs at 5:05 PM