This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.

Feel free to suggest additions!


“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

Friday, October 19, 2012

Some Things Never Change

Some things never change.

This hit me when just last week, I thought I had run out of staples. I rummaged through my desk to find an old box of staples I remember my dad using back from 1975 or so ... and they worked!
So, in a world of continual change, I have an appreciation for those things we can always bank on. Many things evolve or get improved over time, but here are a few classics that never seem to change:

• The QWERTY keyboard (even though it was designed so the most commonly used letters on old manual typewriters would not get tangled - not sure that problem exists anymore)

• Scotch tape (still as sticky as ever)

• The Slinky (still hours of fun for the young at heart)

• The light a smiling face emanates.

• The gratitude a helping hand elicits.

• The energy an encouraging word creates.

• The self-confidence that unconditional love builds.

Some things never change ... and shouldn't!

by Lee J. Colan

No comments: