This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.

Feel free to suggest additions!


“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Quotes by Björn Borg


Björn Borg is a Swedish former world No. 1 tennis player widely considered to be one of the greatest in the history of the sport.  Between 1974 and 1981 he became the first man in the Open Era to win 11 Grand Slam singles titles (six at the French Open and five consecutive at Wimbledon). He also won three year-end championships and 15 Grand Prix Super Series titles. Overall, he set numerous records that still stand.

Quotes:
If you're afraid of losing, then you daren't win.

You have to find it. No one else can find it for you.

My greatest point is my persistence. I never give up in a match. However down I am, I fight until the last ball. My list of matches shows that I have turned a great many so-called irretrievable defeats into victories.
I wanted to win, even in practice.

I had a great tennis career. I have no regrets. But to find peace with yourself, and to finally be with your family - I'm probably the happiest guy in the world.

No comments: