A journal of positive thoughts and inspirational quotes
This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.
Feel free to suggest additions!
“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7
Monday, December 7, 2015
1. A leader, once convinced that a particular course of action is the right one, must be undaunted when the going gets tough. - Ronald Reagan
2. Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory. - William Barclay
3. Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes. - Buddha
4. Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change. - Johann Friedrich Von Schiller
5. I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent; curiosity, obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism have brought me to my ideas. - Albert Einstein
6. Know how sublime a thing it is to suffer and be strong. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
7. Not in achievement, but in endurance, of the human soul, does it show its divine grandeur and its alliance with the infinite. - Edwin Hubbel Chapin
8. Nothing happens to any man that he is not formed by nature to bear. - Marcus Aurelius
9. One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another has it for 30 days, but is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life. - Edward B. Butler
10. One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this. - Miguel de Cervantes, "Don Quixote"
11. Perseverance is not a long race; it is many races one after another. - Walter Elliot
12. Persistent people begin their success where others end in failure. - Edward Eggle
13. Those who can bear all can dare all. - Marquis De Vauvenargues
14. To win without risk is to triumph without glory. - Pierre Corneille
15. Tough times never last, but tough people do. - Dr. Robert Schuller
16. What cannot be altered must be borne, not blamed. - Thomas Fuller
17. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call “failure” is not falling down, but staying down. - Mary Pickford