A journal of positive thoughts and inspirational quotes
This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.
Feel free to suggest additions!
“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Having Gratitude Even For The Tough Moments
Finding the good in the worst of experiences has the power to revolutionize your life.
Gratitude is a powerful process for shifting your energy. Choosing to focus on the good is the most effective way to attract more of it. Here are seven circumstances or experiences you might never have thought to be thankful for — but probably should be.
1. Without your struggles, you wouldn't have found the strength you have now.
2. Goals you haven't reached and dreams that haven't come true are opportunities to cultivate patience.
3. Making mistakes is evidence that you still have room to grow. What's the point of life if you've stopped learning?
4. Wrong turns and unmet expectations have been crucial in helping you discover what you actually want.
5. The people who are unsupportive of your dreams have given you room to believe in yourself even more.
6. The people who have wronged you are allowing you to practice forgiveness.
7. The wrinkles you see in the mirror are a physical reminder of the adventures you've had and the life you've lived.