Some things never change.
This hit me when just last week, I thought I had run out of staples. I rummaged through my desk to find an old box of staples I remember my dad using back from 1975 or so ... and they worked!
So, in a world of continual change, I have an appreciation for those things we can always bank on. Many things evolve or get improved over time, but here are a few classics that never seem to change:
• The QWERTY keyboard (even though it was designed so the most commonly used letters on old manual typewriters would not get tangled - not sure that problem exists anymore)
• Scotch tape (still as sticky as ever)
• The Slinky (still hours of fun for the young at heart)
• The light a smiling face emanates.
• The gratitude a helping hand elicits.
• The energy an encouraging word creates.
• The self-confidence that unconditional love builds.
Some things never change ... and shouldn't!
by Lee J. Colan