This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.

Feel free to suggest additions!


“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Power

I received this great inspirational message from a friend at the beginning of my mission, many years ago. It continues to inspire me. It is a message from Our Father in Heaven, letting us know we have the power to make ourselves as good as we desire. Whether one believes in God or not, the message is still powerful. 

The Power 

I gave you the power to choose. With this gift, I placed you even above my angels, for angels are not free to choose sin. I gave you complete control over your destiny. I told you to determine for yourself your own nature in accordance with your own free will. 

You have the power to choose to degenerate into the lowest forms of life, or you also have the power to be reborn into the highest forms, which are divine. I have never withdrawn your great power, the power to choose for yourself. 

What have you done with this tremendous gift? Think. Look at yourself. What choices have you made in your life that you would do differently, if only you had the opportunity to choose again? But what is past is past. The sun cannot rise where it sets, and the milk that was spilt is sour. 

Use wisely your power of choice. 
 Choose to love, rather than hate. 
 Choose to laugh, rather than cry. 
 Choose to create, rather than destroy. 
 Choose to persevere, rather than quit. 
 Choose to praise rather than wound. 
 Choose to give, rather than steal. 
 Choose to grow, rather than rot. 
 Choose to pray, rather than curse. 
 Choose to live, rather than die. 

Know that your misfortunes are not my will, for all power is vested in you! The accumulation of thoughts and deeds which have brought you to this point in life are all your own doing, not mine! 

You are capable of great wonders. Your potential is unlimited. You are more than a human being, you are a human becoming. Never settle for the crumbs of life. Never hide your talents, from this day hence. 

You have been “born again”. But just as before, you can choose failure and despair, or happiness and success. I can only watch – in pride – or sorrow. 

This day, you have been notified.

No comments: