This is a compilation of thoughts and quotes that I have found or written recently, as well as many that I've collected throughout the years. Most thoughts are posted randomly, as I feel inspired. A listing of quotes can be found alphabetically (check the 2008 and 2009 archives listing), or by source.
Feel free to suggest additions!
Friday, August 14, 2009
Norman Vincent Peale "The Power of Positive Thinking"
1. Anybody can do just about anything with himself that he really wants to and makes up his mind to do. We are capable of greater things than we realize.
2. People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.
3. Our happiness depends on the habit of mind we cultivate. So practice happy thinking every day. Cultivate the merry heart, develop the happiness habit, and life will become a continual feast.
4. Watch your manner of speech if you wish to develop a peaceful state of mind. Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful.
5. Drop the idea that you are Atlas carrying the world on your shoulders. The world would go on even without you. Don't take yourself so seriously.
6. The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.
7. You can have peace of mind, improved health and an ever-increasing flow of energy. Life can be full of joy and satisfaction.
8. It is of practical value to learn to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship.
9. Change your thoughts and you change your world.
10. The person who sends out positive thoughts activates the world around him positively and draws back to himself positive results.
11. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
12. Never talk defeat. Use words like hope, belief, faith, victory.
13. Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure.
14. Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have.
15. Imagination is the true magic carpet.
16. Be humble, be big in mind and soul, be kindly; you will like yourself that way and so will other people.
17. It's always too early to quit.
18. If you have zest and enthusiasm you attract zest and enthusiasm. Life does give back in kind.
19. If you paint in your mind a picture of bright and happy expectations, you put yourself into a condition conducive to your goal.
20. There is real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment.
21. The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have. -Norman Vincent Peale
Posted by The Youngs at 11:15 AM